Social Security Disability
Social Security is a federal system that provides benefits payments to retired and disabled persons, as well as the families of retired and disabled persons. While retirement claims are often cut and dry, disability claims can be thornier because disabilities are harder to document than age and employment status. This is especially true of disabilities caused by non-visible conditions such as chronic pain.
If you or a loved one suffers from a disability that makes it impossible to earn an income in South Dakota or Iowa, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance, also known as SSD or SSDI benefits. Whether you are just starting to file or you’ve already filed and have been wrongly denied, King Law Firm, P.C., can help you gather medical evidence, prepare you to testify at the hearing, and assist you at all stages of your claim in presenting your case to the Social Security Administration.
When To Hire A Social Security Lawyer
A lawyer can be a useful resource when you are trying to file any Social Security claim, but some cases are more complicated than others. An experienced Social Security Disability attorney will be especially helpful if:
- You are disabled by a combination of injuries, illnesses or both.
- You are over 50 and disabled.
- Your disability is caused by a condition that does not always cause a disability — for example, fibromyalgia.
- Your disability is caused by pain, fatigue or another physical condition that is not plainly visible such as chronic pain or fatigue.
- Your condition is caused by a mental or emotional disability.
Tell Us About Your Case
King Law Firm, P.C. has considerable experience helping clients obtain the Social Security benefits to which they’re entitled. To schedule a free consultation in Sioux Falls, contact King Law Firm, P.C., at 855-201-0098.