Attorney David J. King


Car Accident Lawyer

Car accidents are unfortunately common on the roads of South Dakota and Iowa, and all too often they result in serious and long-lasting injuries. From minor fender benders to head-on collisions, King Law Firm, P.C., works tirelessly to ensure that insurance companies recognize and honor their legal obligations to car crash victims.

In South Dakota, victims have three full years from the date of the car accident to file a claim; in Iowa, victims have just two years. But just because you can wait doesn’t mean you should wait — the sooner you file your claim, the sooner it can be resolved.

Serving Victims Of Any Injury

Auto accident injury attorney David J. King has successfully represented hundreds of accident victims with injuries, including:

  • Back injuries
  • Brain injuries
  • Burns
  • Broken bones
  • Dashboard knee
  • Head injuries
  • Paralysis
  • Neck injuries
  • Scarring

At King Law Firm, P.C., motor vehicle accidents attorney David King aggressively represents drivers and passengers who have been injured in car accidents, truck collisions and motorcycle crashes. If you or a loved one has been hurt due to the negligence, carelessness or recklessness of another, we will fight for you.

Aggressive Representation On Your Side

Rear-end collisions are a very common type of auto accident, and most of these claims settle outside of court. But accident victims can potentially obtain much greater compensation by bringing their claims to court, if their case is successful.

Every case is different and a specific outcome can’t be guaranteed, but King Law Firm, P.C., offers its clients aggressive representation in all personal injury cases — we’re never afraid to go to court. We can help you determine whether you are eligible to file a claim for additional damages. If your injury is serious, we can also help you file a lawsuit seeking additional compensation directly from the party that caused the accident.

Car Accident FAQs

King Law Firm, P.C., receives many questions such as those below from prospective and existing clients. Let us give you personalized answers in a free initial consultation.

Who will pay for the damage to my car?

In South Dakota and Iowa, the at-fault driver is responsible for compensating whoever was harmed in a crash. The insurance company of a negligent motorist will most likely have to cover the costs. Policy limits and disagreements over fault may mean that you have to file a claim with your own insurance company and/or sue a liable driver directly. If we file an injury claim for you, we are ready to help you with your property damage claim at no additional cost.

Who will pay my medical bills?

Many of our personal injury clients have told us that extraordinarily large medical bills compelled them to seek legal remedies. Our law firm has helped many injured people get treatments and therapy that they needed and has secured financial compensation to cover those costs.

How much will I owe my lawyer if I work with your law firm?

We handle most car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. We will receive a percentage of the final verdict or settlement. You will not owe us attorney fees in advance. We will be paid only if you are paid.

How long will my injury claim take to resolve?

The answer varies greatly, depending upon the severity of the car accident, the other players involved and other factors. Some claims take six to eight months to resolve, while others can go on for two or three years. When you consult with us, we will give you an educated estimate.

Will an injury claim hurt my immigration status?

If you or your injured family member is not a U.S. citizen, you may fear potential trouble with immigration authorities. You may worry that your injury case will affect your visa status, your green card application, your citizenship eligibility or your risk of deportation if you are out of status. However, we have represented many immigrant clients with no resulting immigration enforcement actions. Your conversations with us will be confidential. We can provide an interpreter if you are more comfortable communicating in Spanish, Vietnamese or another language.

Do I really need a car accidents attorney?

Insurance companies have teams of adjusters, investigators and lawyers who will fight against you in an attempt to shortchange you for your injuries. With experienced legal representation from a car accidents lawyer, you can help level the playing field and greatly increase the chances that you’ll receive the compensation you are owed.

Don’t Delay — Hire An Experienced Motor Vehicle Accidents Lawyer

To see how King Law Firm, P.C., can help you, contact us online or call 855-201-0098 and schedule a free consultation.