Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents

King Law Firm, P.C., receives many questions such as those below from prospective and existing clients. Let us give you personalized answers in a free initial consultation.

Who will pay for the damage to my car?

In South Dakota and Iowa, the at-fault driver is responsible for compensating whoever was harmed in a crash. The insurance company of a negligent motorist will most likely have to cover the costs. Policy limits and disagreements over fault may mean that you have to file a claim with your own insurance company and/or sue a liable driver directly. If we file an injury claim for you, we are ready to help you with your property damage claim at no additional cost.

Who will pay my medical bills?

Many of our personal injury clients have told us that extraordinarily large medical bills compelled them to seek legal remedies. Our law firm has helped many injured people get treatments and therapy that they needed and has secured financial compensation to cover those costs.

How much will I owe my lawyer if I work with your law firm?

We handle most car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. We will receive a percentage of the final verdict or settlement. You will not owe us attorney fees in advance. We will be paid only if you are paid.

How long will my injury claim take to resolve?

The answer varies greatly, depending upon the severity of the car accident, the other players involved and other factors. Some claims take six to eight months to resolve, while others can go on for two or three years. When you consult with us, we will give you an educated estimate.

Will an injury claim hurt my immigration status?

If you or your injured family member is not a U.S. citizen, you may fear potential trouble with immigration authorities. You may worry that your injury case will affect your visa status, your green card application, your citizenship eligibility or your risk of deportation if you are out of status. However, we have represented many immigrant clients with no resulting immigration enforcement actions. Your conversations with us will be confidential. We can provide an interpreter if you are more comfortable communicating in Spanish, Vietnamese or another language.

How Can I Get Answers To My Questions After An Auto Accident?

Initial consultations are free. To reach us in Sioux Falls, call 605-332-4000 or complete an online form.